Effects of hosting Olympic Winter Games
>The PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games > Effects of hosting Olympic Winter Games
Dramatic development in national development, and sustainable regional developmental asset
- Upgrading Korea into the assembly of Developed Nations, and a sense of 'completeness' combined with Seoul 1988 Summer Olympics
- A big step in proclaiming the national strength and reputation globally, as well as an opportunity to step up politically, economically, socially, and culturally.
- An opportunity to lead the world in IT and Green Industry
- An economic booster due to job creation
- Potential to become the Asian hub of winter sports
- An opportunity to improve relationship with North Korea through 'Olympic Movement'
- A stimulant for regional development, and balanced modernization of the region compared to the rest of the country
- An opportunity for national cohesion and sense of national pride
Positive Economic impact
- Total productive value: $19 trillion
- Supplementary productive value: $8.7 trillion
- Creation of new jobs: 230,000